Nexus Circular is the commercial leader in advanced recycling technology that converts landfill-bound plastics into circular feedstocks for the production of sustainable virgin plastics for packaging and other applications. Nexus Circular’s end-to-end solution is economically validated as demonstrated by consistent bulk sales of high quality, ISCC Plus circular feedstocks for virgin plastic production. Aligned with global partners who seek proven scalable solutions to meet ambitious plastic circularity goals, Nexus Circular is rapidly expanding its innovation footprint worldwide, moving decisively to address the complex challenges of plastics accumulation in the environment.
We are seeking an experienced energetic Project Engineer to provide support to our Project Manager for Detailed Engineering, Procurement Installation and Commissioning of greenfield manufacturing plants as we expand our footprint across the United States. The site development scope currently consists of 1 U.S. locations in 2023 -2024 and as well as extensive growth in the Company overall with the building of additional new sites in the future. All sites will have consistent deliverables to promote standardization and modularization across all facilities. This role reports to the Project Manager.
• Provide support to the Project Manager for coordinating activities for having Engineering Packages for greenfield manufacturing plant developed on schedule and on budget.
• Provide technical support towards the delivery of detailed engineering deliverables, design review, and documentation support for the project.
• Establish and maintain the engineering, design criteria and applicable standards and specifications for advanced recycling projects.
• Support Project Manager to ensure timely and cost-effective resolution to regulatory, permitting and technical issues associated with the execution and delivery of projects.
• Provide Technical support with updating schedules, cost estimates, spend, progress monitoring and tracking, management updates, weekly and monthly report, scheduling meetings, stakeholder interface, including county and state stakeholders as required.
•Provide Project engineering support to the Project Manager towards achieving modularization and standardization of our designs and processes
• Provide organization and management support to the Project Manager of all engineering and project management documentation.
•Support Project Manager’s coordination and interface with strategic sourcing and procurement team towards achieving the manufacturing, testing, shipping, handling and delivery of Project Materials.
• Provide support to the Project Manager in directing activities of designers, consultants and contractors, and manage meetings and conference calls to achieve efficient use of resources, meet deadlines for deliverables, minimize delays, avoid crises and resolve conflicts.
• Provide technical input into preparation of technical scope of work documents, specifications, procedures, site reports, progress reports, feasibility studies, proposals, presentations, etc.; review and negotiate technical aspects of EPC contracts, interconnection agreements, etc.
• Support Project Managers coordination efforts with Construction teams to ensure Engineering Packages are ready for handoff to Construction teams.
• Provide Technical Support to the Project Manager with liaising with operations to understand plant / process improvements that will be incorporated into site development and operation readiness efforts.
• B.S Degree in Engineering
• 5+ years of experience supporting engineering development of greenfield projects.
• Previous experience with project development, interconnection, and permitting processes; cost estimating; construction schedules; EPC contract terms and technical exhibits will be an advantage.
• Proven Project Engineering experience of relevant projects and supporting Project Leadership and organizations is required.
• Experience with Chemical manufacturing and PSM environments.
• Knowledge of MS Project or other Project Management tools
•Ability to read and Interpret engineering drawings including P&IDs,
•Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools; MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams
• Knowledge of utility infrastructure and operating requirements
• Site, building, and operating permitting development
• Strong interpersonal skills and customer service-oriented mind-set
• Ability to support multiple scopes on to deliver safely, on-time and within budget
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Nexus Circular Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Nexus Circular provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant with a disability unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to Third-Party Agencies: Nexus Circular only accepts resumes from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward any resumes, as Nexus Circular is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.