Nexus Circular is the commercial leader in advanced recycling technology that converts landfill-bound plastics into circular feedstocks for the production of sustainable virgin plastics for packaging and other applications. Nexus Circular’s end-to-end solution is economically validated as demonstrated by consistent bulk sales of high quality, ISCC Plus circular feedstocks for virgin plastic production. Aligned with global partners who seek proven scalable solutions to meet ambitious plastic circularity goals, Nexus Circular is rapidly expanding its innovation footprint worldwide, moving decisively to address the complex challenges of plastics accumulation in the environment.
Nexus has built an outstanding culture. We are looking for people to contribute to a fast-paced, environmentally committed business that is focused on growth and sustainability. We are very collaborative, transparent, data driven, value diverse perspectives and are looking for constructive initiatives and new ideas. We are looking for self-starters and independent thinkers who work collaboratively in teams. Given the growth stage of Nexus, we are also looking for people who are comfortable moving between strategic thinking and executing those ideas to take Nexus to the next level.
We are seeking an experienced energetic Project Engineer to provide support to our Engineering Team and Operations Team with projects in the Atlanta area at our manufacturing facility. This role reports to the Engineering Manager
- Lead projects from $100,000 to $2,000,000
- Support the development, planning, and execution of capital projects across the company. This role is responsible for day-to-day capital project execution and management.
- Establish, define, and implement key operational and executional metrics and KPI’s to track project execution including costs, forecasting, schedules, productivity, and supplier performance.
- Support Engineering Manager to ensure timely and cost-effective resolution to regulatory, permitting, and technical issues associated with the execution and delivery of projects.
- Interface with consulting engineering firms to improve overall project portfolio execution.
- Provide Technical support with updating schedules, cost estimates, spend, progress monitoring and tracking, management updates, weekly and monthly report, scheduling meetings, stakeholder interface, including county and state stakeholders as required.
- Support coordination and interface with strategic sourcing and procurement team towards achieving the manufacturing, testing, shipping, handling and delivery of Project Materials.
- Directing activities of designers, consultants and contractors, and manage meetings and conference calls to achieve efficient use of resources, meet deadlines for deliverables, minimize delays, avoid crises and resolve conflicts.
- Provide technical input into preparation of technical scope of work documents, specifications, procedures, site reports, progress reports, feasibility studies, proposals, presentations, etc.; review and negotiate technical aspects of EPC contracts, interconnection agreements, etc.
- Coordination efforts with Construction teams to ensure Engineering Packages are ready for handoff to Construction teams.
- Liaising with operations to understand plant / process improvements that will be incorporated into site development and operation readiness efforts.
- B.S Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience supporting engineering development of greenfield projects.
- Previous experience with project development, interconnection, and permitting processes; cost estimating; construction schedules; EPC contract terms and technical exhibits will be an advantage.
- Proven Project Engineering experience of relevant projects and supporting Project Leadership and organizations is required.
- Experience with Chemical manufacturing and PSM environments.
- Knowledge of MS Project or other Project Management tools
- Ability to read and Interpret engineering drawings including P&IDs,
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools; MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams
- Knowledge of utility infrastructure and operating requirements
- Site, building, and operating permitting development
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service-oriented mind-set
- Ability to support multiple scopes on to deliver safely, on-time and within budget
- Eligible to contribute to Company’s Traditional 401(k) and Roth 401(k) upon hire with Company Contribution
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage at 100% for employee only levels.
- Multiple comprehensive coverage levels for Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Group Health & Wellness Program, plus special savings on retail items, travel, entertainment, and more through Insperity Works
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- Basic and AD&D Life Insurance
- Voluntary benefits, including short-term and long-term disability insurance, accident, critical illness, and hospital confinement insurance.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Nexus Circular Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Nexus Circular provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant with a disability unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to Third-Party Agencies: Nexus Circular only accepts resumes from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward any resumes, as Nexus Circular is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.