Nexus Circular is the commercial leader in advanced recycling technology that converts landfill-bound plastics into circular feedstocks for the production of sustainable virgin plastics for packaging and other applications. Nexus Circular’s end-to-end solution is economically validated as demonstrated by consistent bulk sales of high quality, ISCC Plus circular feedstocks for virgin plastic production. Aligned with global partners who seek proven scalable solutions to meet ambitious plastic circularity goals, Nexus Circular is rapidly expanding its innovation footprint worldwide, moving decisively to address the complex challenges of plastics accumulation in the environment.
The FP&A Manager position will be a highly impactful role in the Company. The person will be involved in many of the most important decisions the Company will be making and will interact with the entire senior management team. The FP&A Manager will need to be comfortable in a high growth, unstructured environment and contribute to building the business for the long term. The Nexus Circular team is very collaborative, transparent and data driven and is looking for inputs and new ideas. As a result, the person will need to be a self-starter and independent thinker. Given the stage of Company, the person will also need to be comfortable from jumping from high-level strategic thinking to executing basic tasks.
This role reports to Nexus Circular’s CFO.
Strategic & Long-term Planning:
- Develop the basis and process for the long-term planning process.
- Enhance and maintain the strategic planning model, updating it as necessary.
- Ensure each function and its managers are planning and managing to their and the Company’s strategic plan.
- Coordinate and assist in the creation of such strategic plans.
- Lead forecasting effort, using key financial/performance metrics/KPI.
- Lead ad hoc analysis to improve company’s financial and operational performance.
- Assist in understanding and enhancing KPIs.
Analysis, Decision Support, and Special Projects:
- Develop scenario analysis for different pricing, capital expenditure and operating assumptions to optimize value creation.
- Originate and/or assist as financial partner in specific projects to increase efficiency, reduce cost, improve reliability, and anything other operating projects that creates value for the Company.
- Various side analysis to aid managers and Functions to understand and manage their business.
- Assist with PowerPoint creation, data visualization and financial modeling as needed.
- Lead the creation of work plans, assumptions, budgets, data inputs and presentations in coordination with management.
- Assist in capital raising efforts with the CFO and CEO
- Model capital sources and help optimize and financing options the Company’s capital structure.
- Interact with investment banks and capital sources as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Engineering, or Accounting
- MBA or CFA preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in positions of increased responsibilities for financial planning, analysis, strategy development, and/or corporate finance/banking
- Experience in similar process, capital intensive industries (e.g. chemical, oil & gas, recycling, waste management)
- Experience of C-suite level interactions
- Possess experience working across functions and execute strategic initiatives.
- Have contributed to the preparation of the companywide long-term forecast.
- Have contributed to the analysis of company’s financial performance.
- Developed compelling, insightful recommendations and communicate results to senior leaders.
- Financial modeling
- Analytical and possess data literacy - ability to derive meaningful information.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Clear, concise, confident, and thorough understanding of the fundamental principles in accounting, and financial statements
- PowerPoint or creating, editing, and delivering presentations.
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service-oriented mind-set
- Ability to manage multiple projects on different timelines.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, purpose-driven, collaborative environment
- Interpersonal skills
- Eligible to contribute to Company’s Traditional 401(k) and Roth 401(k) upon hire with Company Match
- Professional Development and Mentor Programs plus Ongoing Training Resources
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage at 100% for employee only levels.
- Multiple comprehensive coverage levels for Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Group Health & Wellness Program, plus special savings on retail items, travel, entertainment, and more through Insperity Works
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- Basic and AD&D Life Insurance
- Voluntary benefits, including short-term and long-term disability insurance, accident, critical illness, and hospital confinement insurance.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Nexus Circular Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Nexus Circular provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant with a disability unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to Third-Party Agencies: Nexus Circular only accepts resumes from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward any resumes, as Nexus Circular is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.