Nexus Circular – Civil Engineer - Atlanta
Job Summary / Purpose
Nexus Circular is the commercial leader in advanced recycling technology that converts landfill-bound plastics into circular feedstocks for the production of sustainable virgin plastics for packaging and other applications. Nexus Circular’s end-to-end solution is economically validated as demonstrated by consistent bulk sales of high quality, ISCC Plus circular feedstocks for virgin plastic production. Aligned with global partners who seek proven scalable solutions to meet ambitious plastic circularity goals, Nexus Circular is rapidly expanding its innovation footprint worldwide, moving decisively to address the complex challenges of plastics accumulation in the environment.
Nexus has built an outstanding culture. We are looking for people to contribute to a fast-paced, environmentally committed business that is focused on growth and sustainability. We are very collaborative, transparent, data driven, value diverse perspectives and are looking for constructive initiatives and new ideas. We are looking for self-starters and independent thinkers who work collaboratively in teams. Given the growth stage of Nexus, we are also looking for people who are comfortable moving between strategic thinking and executing those ideas to take Nexus to the next level.
The Atlanta plant is the first of many plants for Nexus and is where we currently operate the company’s initial commercial production facility. The Atlanta plant is doubling its capacity over the next 12 months with its next generation technology as well as extensive growth in the Company overall with the building of new sites.
We are seeking an experienced Civil Engineer to join our team and support the development of engineering and construction packages for facility expansion and buildouts. The role will be the primary lead on detailed civil and structural designs and specifications.
This role reports to Nexus Circular’s Engineering Manager.
- Develop detailed civil and structural designs based on information from other engineering team members.
- Develop land clearing, grading, and stormwater plans to accommodate facility construction.
- Analyze survey reports, long-range plans, maps, and other data to develop designs.
- Design steel structural elements to support process equipment.
- Review and validate 3rd party designs as necessary.
- Considering budget, regulations, and environmental hazards during due-diligence and risk-analysis efforts.
- Preparing material, equipment and labor cost estimates and confirming costs are within the budget.
- Forecasting design and construction timelines.
- Completing and submitting all permit applications to the appropriate agencies and ensuring projects are compliant throughout the design and construction stages.
- Overseeing soil testing to establish soil strength and building feasibility.
- Managing repair and maintenance of infrastructure projects.
- Using design software to create project drawings and renderings.
- Doing feasibility assessments and site inspections.
- Preparing and implementing project plans.
- Reviewing government regulations and ordinances.
- Monitoring and optimizing safety procedures, production processes, and regulatory compliance.
- Making recommendations or presenting alternative solutions to problems.
- Confidently liaising with clients and other professional subcontractors.
- Potential to travel to other Nexus locations as required (~10%)
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Registration/Licensure as a professional engineer may be required.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency with design software, such as Autodesk, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and MicroStation.
- Knowledge of map creation software and photo imaging software.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with a high level of accuracy in calculations and design.
- Leadership skills to effectively manage a diverse group of professionals working on one project.
- Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met. Ability to adhere to budgets, submit necessary budget amendments, and adhere to timelines.
- Soft skills including:
- Verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Ability to manage multiple projects on different timelines
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, purpose-driven, collaborative environment
- Have the skills needed to operate and maintain equipment
- Demonstrate a strong desire to learn manufacturing processes
- The Company will offer a competitive salary, bonus and attractive equity as well as a benefits package.
- Eligible to contribute to Company’s Traditional 401(k) and Roth 401(k) upon hire with Company Contribution
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage at 100% for employee only levels.
- Multiple comprehensive coverage levels for Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Group Health & Wellness Program, plus special savings on retail items, travel, entertainment, and more through Insperity Works
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- Basic and AD&D Life Insurance
- Voluntary benefits, including short-term and long-term disability insurance, accident, critical illness, and hospital confinement insurance.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Nexus Circular Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Nexus Circular provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant with a disability unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to Third-Party Agencies: Nexus Circular only accepts resumes from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward any resumes, as Nexus Circular is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.